Monday, April 16, 2007

Marathon

Today is Patriot's day in Boston. Most schools have the day off, and many people go to cheer on the Boston Marathon runners. About 5:00 am the rains and winds from the nor'easter were just pounding down. I couldn't imagine running in these conditions. The weather abated a bit before the race and then was fairly calm by the end of the race.

Inside, I was running a marathon of a different type. My teammates and I sequestered ourselves in a room for a seven hour stretch trying to assemble three 3'x4' posters for a project class. This follows on the heels of a five hour stretch the previous Friday. Our objective is to build a commercialization plan for the "Hunch Engine" from Icosystem. If I had had even the slightest idea how much time this project class would require, I'm not sure I would have enrolled. Life is too busy right now for such a time intensive project. I have a wedding and a honeymoon to plan, summer and longterm housing to find, and three other project classes to finish. I think the poster looks good, and I hope we're through the worst of it. Well, back to work for me.

No comments: